Monday, December 1, 2008

Don't Let Me Down December

So November kinda stunk.  This being December 1st, I'm hoping that things will get better, or at the very least things will be better by January 1st.  The other day, a friend asked me if I still write.  And I thought about it and realized that I don't.  Even most of the things I post on here are things I'd previously written over the past couples years.  Anyway, he told me I should start writing again and I realized that maybe this is why I haven't been happy with how my life is going.  I've had no outlet to get rid of all the annoying, messy things.  When I was in college, I used any writing assignment I would get as a chance to put my thoughts down, but (un)fortunately, I don't get homework anymore.  
A couple days ago in work I was standing behind the computer, supposed to be looking up some book for someone on the phone.  Instead I started writing down a list of all the people and things I wanted to write a letter to.  Why I suddenly had an impulse to write a letter to every person place or thing I'd ever known is beyond me, but it happened so I went with it.  So I made a pretty extensive list and decided that every couple days I would post one of those letters on here, and maybe if I got enough of them I could compile a nifty little book.  Of course, on the way home from work that day I suddenly remembered seeing Don Rickles of all people appearing on Regis and Kelly the previous week, promoting his new book: a book of letters to every person, place, and thing he'd ever known.  So apparently my sudden genius idea wasn't as original as I had thought but then I realized I didn't care.  I'm doing it.  And who knows, maybe you'll find a letter to you on here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say do it, you work in a book store you should know how many books theyre came our after marley and me about people and their freaking dogs! Theyre all the same.....and besides, isnt don rickels almost dead?

Cristin said...

DO IT!
Your ho-work is to write at least ten minutes a day, even if its just editing you must work on something you wrote. Or else you'll get crows feet, bags under your eyes and halitosis.

Anonymous said...

So you officially can't follow your blog, i've tried, and I can't do it, what's the deal?

Most of my ideas aren't original if it makes you feel any better. I started a blog because I was reading yours and I realized how much I love to tell stories. Even though a lot of it is just the crazy shit we seem to get into, it's fun for me. I love your stories, you should try and write more of them.

and this is gay, but enjoy..
http://www.timesaversforteachers.com/index_page0010.htm

Anonymous said...

i figured it out, and now i should be following your blog. but you don't have a button on your blog! i had to tell mine to do it...