Friday, December 19, 2008

Dear...






Dear Rommy, Rommster, Rommhead,

I've said it before and I'll say it again; you were college for me.  Never in my life did I think I would be lucky enough to meet someone in the beginning of my freshman year at Muhlenberg, this curly-haired, hysterical, heart-warming girl that lived just a few doors down, that would be one of the most important friends and people in my life.  And in true form of our relationship, I'm trying not to cry as I write this.  And I'm watching a reality show on TV.  And I'm sure you are too.  LHF.
Honestly though, there are the people you physically grow up with all your life, and then there are the people you mentally grow with throughout the four years of college that change every aspect of your being and make you who you are.  You were there for every tear, every laugh, every paper, concert, heartbreak, Dunkin trip, every mango rum and coke.  Every moment we thought we were falling in love with someone and the rare moments when we realized we actually were in love.  
You can read me just like I can read you.  Even during the extremely sparse moments when we were angry with each other, there was no way we wouldn't get through it because you only  get one true rommy in this life.  Recap of the last four year anyone?  Yes please.

Freshman year: Apple juice, Carlton dance, "Drives", El-Lo, You walking into my room without knocking and climbing straight into my bed, Skipping class to sit under Victor, Tip/Babs.
Sophomore year: T-Geigs, Topless Tuesday/Pantsfree Friday/Naked Nights, Bar in the bottom of our closet on the last night of school, Naps instead of going to Sistare's class, Olive GARden and Ian/Ethan/his friend was much hotter than him/he had bad tattoos and moobs.
Junior year: LEHCHEW LEHCHEW LEHCHEW.
Senior year: LehChew, Dunkin, Delaware, MTV and VH1 reality shows for hours and hours and hours, G-child (XOXOXOXOX), The VU, Manhatten, Paycheck/Farmer's Market/GQ and his millions of kids/Hot meat guy and his son/Hotter vacuum guy/Cornbread.

Obviously it's hard to classify the past four years because so much has happened and it has all blended together between the school year and our summers and everything in between.  I love how we laugh so hard we can't breath; how you know it's funny when we laugh without making a noise and then all of a sudden gasp and start smacking whatever piece of furniture is around us.  Thank you for putting up with my craziness and coming to all of my Chai concerts and cooking me dinner since we both know I can't cook for shit but  secretly love doing dishes.
If it wasn't for you, I might be the only person alive who thinks that Kevin James is attractive (I mean...), and the only person left still doing A-Okkkkk.
You're an unbelievable person, unbelievable friend, and will always be my rommster.

81 you! ,
Rommy, Rommster, Rommhead


2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the pictures! they define our friendship perfectly, we're huge messes but it's ok because we can always laugh about stuff together later! you're the best, when do i get to see your sweet ass?

Unknown said...

oh and i cried...and i cry everytime i reread it, bc let's be honest, i read it often