Sunday, August 17, 2008

Well Kids, It's Official.

In 10 or so hours (but whose counting), about 2,200 lucky bastards will start moving all of their Yaffa blocks and mini-fridges and skanky clothes back into the Berg.  Hopefully the freshman and sophomores were smart enough to load up on their class schedules now so they can have an easy breezy senior year, and hopefully the juniors and seniors realize that they have to soak in every damn minute of their last days at college.  I won't miss the classes or finals or papers, but I will miss WOW sticks and bagel bombs and Sandellas (big shock, I immediately think about food).  And skipping class to sit under Victor's Lament (which you have to admit you loved by the end of the 4 years) the second Allentown decided to let in a sliver of sunshine through the rain and snow.  And I'll miss being a freshman and thinking I was so cool because I knew a bunch of people at the Sig Ep parties.  And I'll miss being a senior and going to Woody's even though it is quite possibly the smallest bar in existence and you have to stand perfectly straight with your arms at your side if you want any chance of your beer not getting spilled.  And Woody's pizza...well, it speaks for itself.  Seriously though, how good does that sound right now...ugh, if you only knew.
So basically, to all you current undergrads, take advantage of the thrill that is back to school shopping and GQ and Garden Room chicken nuggets and tripping on those damn uneven bricks that someone thought would be a good idea to cover the floor of the CA with.  Unless that was just me, which is quite possible.  I have big feet.
In case you're looking for the class of '08, we'll all be slumming away at our part-time jobs that pay less than a Berg work study job.  But I'm not bitter.  I'm experienced.  Or something.

No comments: