Friday, August 22, 2008

The Experiment: Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All

20 Days

So I'm kind of doing this thing that involves me temporarily quitting something that I've spent the majority of the past five years depending on.  By stopping this certain action, I'm hoping to get a few things out of it, two of which being respect for myself and respect from another person ("person" to be determined).  I've tried stopping this before but it never worked out, in fact, I don't think there is one thing like this that I have ever followed through with.  So I decided to give myself an incentive, a rewards system.  Every 20 days that I steer clear of this certain thing, I will both buy myself a present and forgive myself for one thing that I have done or thought in the past that I regret.  Well, today is my first 20 days.  I have no money so the present will have to wait, but I DO have something that I am ready to forgive myself for:

I forgive myself for beating myself up over the fact that I loved him for so long after he stopped loving me.

No comments: