Sunday, July 6, 2008

LehChew...a big old house where a big old mess of things happened


This was my house at school.  I lived there my last two years of college and it was more of a home then my parent's place ever was.  Now here's the kicker- they're tearing it down.  Well, that's the rumor, but at the very least they are for sure adding on to it.  Bottom line is that it won't look like this for long.
They say that home is where the heart is, but this house is not only where I keep my heart, but where I keep all the memories that have made me, well, me.  I was in love in this house.  I was heartbroken in this house.  I was frustrated and hopeful and determined in this house.  I was also lazy and spent hours upon hours sitting on the couch with my roommates watching TV.  This house got a lot of ass and a lot of booze.  And a LOT of Dunkin Donuts.
We call the house LehChew because it's on the corner of Leh St. and Chew St.  But it's also down the street from Ott St.  So in our dirty little minds, we say I Ott to Leh Chew.  Like, I ought to lay you.  It's disturbingly cheesy, I'm aware.  But it's us.
It's sad to know that a place that you care so much about, a place that has so much sentiment that it's overwhelming, will soon be gone.  My three roommates and I, we grew up in that house.  Not to mention that it is without a doubt the biggest and most stunning place any of us will ever live in.  I used to climb out the upstairs hallway window onto the roof out back.  There was an amazing view of the mountains and I would just sit and read or do homework or lay out in the sun.  Rach and I would go out and watch people play tennis on the courts behind our house, and then run down to yard if there was a hot shirtless guy playing.  It was the perfect house and the perfect two years, and I'm going to miss it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this just made me cry...just thought i'd tell you. but then again, lots of things make me cry bc im a softy, but you know how this house makes us feel

Sean Killeen said...

Every house has a hidden life. Thanks for letting me live this one in the moment