Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby's 1st Blog

I swore I'd never get a Facebook.  I currently check mine at least ten times a day.  I really swore I'd never get a MySpace.  I'm permanently logged in.  And of course, I promised myself that blogs were creepy and I would never give in.  Cut to me graduating college with an English major and writing minor and actually having an employer at a job fair tell me I was shit out of luck with that field.  So my lovely friend Cristin said to me, "Alexis, we're getting you a blog."  So we did.  Like, five minutes ago.  I can't promise that I'll be good at this, but I can promise that my life is just as messy as yours and you can feel free to live vicariously through the many mistakes I make.  But they're all really funny mistakes, I swear.  
So let's have a little get to know each other session.  But since I'm the one writing the blog, it'll be mostly you getting to know me.  This is going to be great for my narcism.  My name's Alexis, in May I graduated from Muhlenberg College in the lovely little city of Allentown which against all my will I fell in love with.  Like I said before, I graduated an English major with a writing minor and all I've ever wanted to do since I was five years old and wrote my first story about my dead frog (RIP Rocky) was write.  I wrote a weekly column for my school paper about relationships (which I'm no good at), sex (which I know too much about), and break-ups (which happen all too often).  But I swear, I'm a catch.
Anyway, this isn't an eHarmony account (I'm 5'7" with blond hair and blue eyes), it's a blog to try and get me involved in the whole writing world through the wit and talent that I have convinced myself I posses.  So let's just see how this goes, shall we?

No comments: