Friday, August 21, 2015

Spooning With The Internet: Part 3


But good news!  Luckily not all of these guys were buttheads. In fact, I met quite a few wonderful people, some of whom I would even consider a friend (I know, I know.  Only I could go on a dating website and come out of it with a couple new buddies).

Whiskey

One of my favorite first dates was with Whiskey.  We went go-karting which I had never done before.  I was TERRIBLE at it.  Everyone else on the track had to go an extra lap or two while they waited for me to finish.  Plus, he and I both had an affinity for whiskey which automatically earned points in my book.  Good guy, good guy.

Poodle

Poor Poodle.  This one was on me, 100%.  He and I got along really well and had a great coffee date, but I just wasn't feeling that connection with him in person. We went to Panera (during which I got a text from my mom saying, 'Dad and I are at the Barnes and Noble, we can see you through the window! Are you on a date??') and sat and talked for like 3 hours. But like I said, no spark on my part. A couple of days later he texted me saying that he could tell that I wasn't really feeling it, but it had been great meeting me and to let him know if I ever change my mind.  I felt bad, but I was straight forward with him because he was awesome and is one of those people that you wish you liked, but those things just can't be forced.

6'5"

6'5" was- shocker- 6'5" tall and I DUG IT.  He was also the oldest guy I've ever dated which I dug too.  I adored hanging out with 6'5"- we always had a great time and he's just one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet. When I was down the shore with my family he came to visit and he is just a supportive, good person.  I have not one bad word to say about him.

Good Salsa

I canceled my Match account in June, but they make you keep it open until the end of the following month.  I had pretty much stopped going on the site around May; I was just over it. But a couple of weeks before my account went kaput, I got a wink from a guy who sparked my interest. We started talking and hanging out and he's nothing less than the fuckin' best. It took me my entire time on Match, but at the 11th hour, I ended up with a good one :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...


It's great to have you writing again! Kept me laughing out loud! Hope the 11th hour turns into the 12th, 13th etc.