Monday, August 3, 2009

Sessions: 6 & 7

My brother called me the other night and told me he was getting married.  His girlfriend- or fiancee now I guess- immediately grabbed the phone from him and started shrieking about how I just had to be her maid of honor because it would mean so much to her and my brother and she never had a sister but always wanted one and even though she knows she never told me before I'm like a sister to her and I just have to be in the wedding and won't I please please please please please?
I told her ok.
She told me Snowball was going to be the ring bearer.
I immediately regretted my decision.

*

"My brother's getting married."
"Really?  Well congratulations to him.  How does that make you feel?"
I thought about it.
"I want to stop coming here."
"Stop your therapy sessions?"
"Yeah.  I think I'm done."
"Sunny, I don't know if that's such a good idea."
I stretched my arms out in front of me and stood up.
"Yeah, well, we'll see how it goes I guess.  Now, are you the kind of doctor that can prescribe me stuff?  I need to make nice with a cat and I'm gonna need some allergy medicine."

No comments: