Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dear...


Dear Sean,

I decided to write my first blog letter after my unintentional hiatus to you because I think you should know how amazing a person you are.
There are very few people that have come into my life that have been nothing but a positive influence.  Although, and I've told you this, I wish we had become friends sooner than the last few days of my final year at Berg, getting to have such good memories near the end made me actually sad about graduating as opposed to the "get me the hell out of here" attitude that I had taken on before then.  And the fact that you live so close to my house is a nice little added bonus.
Thanks for always making me feel good about myself.  Thanks for dealing with my embarrassingly girly screams over those vicious white water rapids during our canoe trip.  Thanks for going to see an equally embarrassingly girly movie with me, and thanks for encouraging me to write every day, at least for ten minutes.  Thank you for being on the other end of the phone minutes after I lost yet another boyfriend and thanks for giving me the tough love that convinced me to finally break up with the douchebag.  You're probably one of two people in this entire world that can truly calm me down and one of the people that I feel most supported by.  That one day over a year ago when you saw me crying in the CA- at that point still basically a stranger to you- you gave me a hug and promised that you would always be there to give me a hug when I needed it.  Well you haven't disappointed me on that promise and I can't thank you enough.
Plus you're brilliant and funny as hell and always keep me laughing.  That's always a plus.
So Sean, I guess I just wanted to thank you for being not only the kind of friend, but also the kind of person that always has an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on.  You're the best and I adore you to a bajillion little pieces.

Love,
Alexis


3 comments:

Sean Killeen said...

Wow...I was NOT expecting that. I'm not sure which emotion is expressing itself more right now -- surprise, honor, gratitude, and pure joy are duking it out in my head.

You're amazing. Keep it up, girl. Thank you.

claudia said...

Yayyyy. I'm glad you wrote, that makes me happy

Jil said...

awww thats so sweet! and you finally wrote again!!